Now there’s a magazine guaranteed to help you succeed in the new era of sustainable planning and community development. It’s called Sustainable Communities Magazine, and a subscription is only one of the benefits of joining the Partnership for Sustainable Communities.
Cities and towns all over America are changing their planning, land use and community development operations to cope with mounting environmental and economic challenges that threaten their very survival.
Unlock the secrets of success in this challenging new era with Sustainable Communities Magazine, the only publication focused on sustainable planning and community development.
If you make or implement land use, development or transportation policy, or if you invest in or develop land or buildings, you can’t afford to miss a single issue of Sustainable Communities Magazine.
If you want to get all the critical information you need in one succinct, readable and insightful package, there’s only one place to turn: Sustainable Communities an electronic publication.
As a reader of Sustainable Communities Magazine, you will:
• Get a clearer picture of where growth is going to occur, where you should acquire sites, and what kinds of projects to plan.
• Tap into new public private partnerships to win financial assistance, zoning concessions and exemptions from onerous environmental reviews.
• Learn how to make the numbers work for green building and alternative energy generation, and how to choose the most cost effective products and techniques.
• Find out what financing is available for mixed-use and infill construction.
• Keep up with changing state and local green building and sustainability requirements and priorities for funding.
• Discover transit-oriented development opportunities and new incentives for affordable housing construction.
• Learn how to turn environmental concerns from a negative into a positive in the battle against NIMBYism.
If you need to build your organization’s market share and brand, or increase its reputation as a contributor to sustainability, advertise in Sustainable Communities magazine. Click here for advertising information.
In each issue, Sustainable Communities electronic publication brings you important news and new ideas in these subject areas:
• Financing community development
• Financing housing
• Green building
• Greenhouse gas policies
• Land planning & design
• News from around the nation
• Renewable energy generation
• Transportation and land use
• Urban and regional planning
• Zoning innovations
Sustainable Communities Magazine cuts to the bottom line with succinct reports on the full range of issues you need to follow to cope with the increasing complexity of planning, community development and real estate development today.
If you are a city or county planner or community development official or an elected city leader, subscribe to Sustainable Communities and electronic publication to learn about crucial ideas and strategies to:
• Revitalize your downtown area and improve retail sales (and sales tax revenues).
• Encourage more compact development that makes better use of existing infrastructure and bolsters property tax revenue per acre.
• Reduce the financial burden of road expansion and the economic risk of spiraling gas prices.
• Create green jobs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for private and public buildings.
• Learn about innovations in planning and zoning codes that you can implement even with reduced staffing.